EverydayHustlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fafnir

5 posters

Go down

Fafnir Empty Fafnir

Post  Kerowyn Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:58 pm

So I really want to get my hands on the Neptunal head abjuration. There are only 2 ways to get it. Kill Fafnir or Odin...

So I am hoping there are some others here who are interested in taking him down. There isn't much information on wiki about fighting him, but I would assume it is a tough fight. Wiki talks about avoiding Dot's because he is sleepable.

Has anyone here fought him before so we have a better expectation about a fight?

Kerowyn

Back to top Go down

Fafnir Empty Re: Fafnir

Post  GinaMarie Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:09 am

I fought him, he isn't hard. But what you prolly failed to realize is he always camped/botted. 21-24HR spawn, every 30min within that 3hr is the window. You need Atleast 2(3) Tanks RDM/NIN, PLD/NIN, NIN/DRK, 1-2 BRD, Healer and 3-5 BLMS. This isn't something you want a ton of DD on, feeding it TP = BAD.

I have done this fight with as low as 7-8 ppl, party one TANKS, Healer BRD(Haste yes please), party two BLMS. No Dots Incase shit get bad and you need to sleep it. Fafnir is actually a little harder than His HQ brother Nidhogg. He resists like crazy and not to sound mean I looked at some of our BLMs and their gear... and it fucking sad, I know for sure alot if not all of their nukes would get resisted like balls. From what I seen of some of the tanks we have, their gear needs some work PLD/NINs need a nice ENM/HASTE built to keep shadows up and keep hate. Could go with RDM/NINs I could totally see Alr and Mah being able to tank this guy if they have Tank built gear. BRD needs to have pretty good gear as well to be able to land Elegy on him.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, I'm just being honest unless we have botters (I know it sounds bad and not suggesting it) our chances of claim are really low. Last time I was down there DA would have 80-140 ppl, I don't know if its still like that but if 90% are botting what do u think the outcome will be? And out of the 4 HNMs shells I was in all of them botted weather it was a secret or not. I myself never botted, I play on PS2. The way Kings are camped and the time and effort that goes in to camping em, I wouldn't go down there again unless I knew we had a fairly good chance of claiming.
GinaMarie
GinaMarie

http://www.myspace.com/servillo

Back to top Go down

Post  Alriath Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:44 pm

Well I wouldn't go down for claim without a solid group like Gina suggested, But botters CAN be outclaimed and if we ever had the setup to get it done I'm down. lol@me tanking though, mah would rock that shit.

Alriath

Back to top Go down

Fafnir Empty lol

Post  arioch Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm

all i have to say is lol
none of our BLMs are geared properly to fight this, and i mean elemental skill + enmity down (yes that means no loldemonhelms) and this really isnt something you throw lolDDs at SAMs WAR/sam THF/sam (no SA just TA) aside from all this people gonna get a item and stop comming so fuck that shit. BRDs need to be able to land elegy also so something like +50 CHR? thats easy to get maybe +60, our paladins also need some homan

anyway this is not something you just go "hay guyz! lets go keelz dragonz!" this needs some thought....and preparation...lol...................ZNM.......lol............................
arioch
arioch

Back to top Go down

Fafnir Empty Input

Post  Kerowyn Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks for the info Gina. I appriciate you being candid. Much better to be straight up, then to sugercoat everything.

Ari, I am certainly not suggesting that we just go dancing down and Keelz uz some at dragonz! That is why I asked for info and anyone that has experiance. I have no idea what goes into the fight. As I said I read up on wiki, and there is only basic info. No testamonies at all.

I completely understand about the necessity of being well geared. I am still working on a few pieces for my war, hence my interest in getting the heca head abj. This post was mainly to see if there WAS any interest or if the work wasn't worth the reward...

Kerowyn

Back to top Go down

Fafnir Empty It's Gina btw!

Post  Dexil Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:12 pm

I need to get a death time for Fafnir to see how many ppl actually go down there (I'm curious now) and camp him still. Server been down to 1100-2000 people. When I was playing it use to be 2000-4000 lol. If there isn't 80+ people down there we might have a decent chance of claiming w/o botting (not saying any of us would). The rewards from Fafnir are pretty sweet Heca head, Ridil lol, BB item, A hands, Pld Head piece +7enm etc. as for Nidhogg A.body M.body E.body.

I don't know how much money you have or if you would want to buy Heca head, but LSs useto sell it. Prolly still do, I don't know whats its going for now pale . Anyways just another way of getting it if no one in here is interested in camping him

Dexil

Back to top Go down

Post  arioch Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:37 pm

arioch
arioch

Back to top Go down

Fafnir Empty strange...

Post  Kerowyn Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:41 am

you are strange ari lol

Well I'm not rich gina, but I am saving lol. Gardening, farming, and BCNM.... slow going. I would love getting the heca head tho... sitting on about half a mil, which is obviously not going to be enough. But If I could get some prices I might be willing to buy it...

Kerowyn

Back to top Go down

Post  GinaMarie Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:58 am

I was doing searches doing the early morning in DA and noticed a max of 35 people there I know its was JP prime time but I never seen it that low before. I also asked someone and they said besides the JPs only one NA LSs really camps kings. I'll keep checking DA to see how it is during NA times. If it isn't so bad we could try to go down there if people are interested. Just need the right setup and people who know how to play their jobs and listen to instructions lol.

As far as price I personally don't know, I know 8 months ago or so BB item was as low as 1mil and Heca head was between 500k-2mil. The Leader of the NA LSs that still camps him is Belkin he has his AIM address on FFXIAH.com for people looking to buy items.
GinaMarie
GinaMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  GinaMarie Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:59 am

I was looking at the prices and they want 5mil for Heca head lol... that's just crazy.
GinaMarie
GinaMarie

Back to top Go down

Fafnir Empty heh

Post  Kerowyn Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:00 am

Well thanks for the info Gina. I am def. gonna have to pass on 5mil for the heca head lol...

Kerowyn

Back to top Go down

Post  GinaMarie Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Well I was reading that Heca head can also drop from Tier1 Einj. not only Odin its prolly a really low drop rate
GinaMarie
GinaMarie

Back to top Go down

Fafnir Empty eirnherjar

Post  Kerowyn Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:17 pm

yes please! lol I have been at everyone of daunts attempts to get that going. I really want to do some Odin fights...

Kerowyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum