EverydayHustlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windower questions.

+3
Fyyvoaa
Saraii
Ddevil
7 posters

Go down

Windower questions. Empty Windower questions.

Post  Ddevil Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:48 am

Since I'm stuck playing on PC, at least for the moment, I figure I might as well take advantage. I'm not looking for anything that would be considered cheating by anyone. I've seen on-screen spell timers and heard about extra space for gear change macros, I'm curious about any other additions y'all use and consider useful.

Oh and is there just one windower people use or several kinds?

Are there parsers that can be used with windower?
Ddevil
Ddevil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Windower questions. Empty Re: Windower questions.

Post  Saraii Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:51 am

www.windower.net

the standard auto-loaded plugins will be sufficient to let you get recast timers at the top, see distances, check mob hp%, and see alliance mp+tp.

If you really want to blow your mind in terms of what you can do with your character check out the spellcast or spellcast light plugin. I think in the video 5-0 was using xpwatch also (if you check the bottom of the screen, and I'm not sure what the plugin for the top was (that shows mob weaknesses etc when you target something).
Saraii
Saraii

Back to top Go down

Post  Fyyvoaa Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:31 am

Infobar
Silence
Recast
Expwatch
Precognition (if you /nin alot)
Tparty
Distance
Fyyvoaa
Fyyvoaa

Back to top Go down

Windower questions. Empty Help With Windowers

Post  Indulgentthrash Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:28 am

Hey Guys Im not what you would call a the smartest guy in the LS, however i have tried to research windowers, I like DD, would like to make myself a little bit more effexctive in events and i belive that maybe some of the windowers (that are not really cheats) may be able to help, but after extensive reading, I am quite confused, to be honest. is there a website that gives (easy to understand) step by step instructions (for vista users) to install a windower? And what Windower and Plugins do you think i should get? Thanks for any help.

Indulgentthrash

Back to top Go down

Post  Fyyvoaa Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Indulgentthrash wrote:Hey Guys Im not what you would call a the smartest guy in the LS, however i have tried to research windowers, I like DD, would like to make myself a little bit more effexctive in events and i belive that maybe some of the windowers (that are not really cheats) may be able to help, but after extensive reading, I am quite confused, to be honest. is there a website that gives (easy to understand) step by step instructions (for vista users) to install a windower? And what Windower and Plugins do you think i should get? Thanks for any help.

www.windower.net

Depends on the job you will be mostly playing.
Fyyvoaa
Fyyvoaa

Back to top Go down

Windower questions. Empty Windower

Post  Indulgentthrash Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Presently I would have to say for LS events that I will be playing Drg/mage or sam. I am presently working on taking Blm up.

Indulgentthrash

Back to top Go down

Post  Ddevil Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:32 am

Thrash, I've been too lazy/busy to use windower yet myself but if you go to that site, on the left you will see several plug ins. These are what do the extra stuff besides just allow you to play FFXI in windowed mode. If you read the descriptions, some appear to be smoothly operating and regularly updated, while others are in development, never worked quite right, or were outright abandoned. I would just look through the ones that sound interesting/helpful to you and then if you have trouble putting them to use, ask here and hope one of our more experienced members can help out. I should be having a little freedom to put in some time with windower myself and will do my best to answer any questions as well.
Ddevil
Ddevil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ddevil Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 am

OK so far I love what I've used. Three add ons I have questions about...

Chat-mon seems to tell me people are talkin about me at all sorts of random times. Noone ever types out my whole name but I hear the "people are talking about you" message a lot.

Second is spellcast... how do I set it up?!

Same with light luggage, not sure how to use it. Would make dynamis so much easier for me if I didn't have to waste time lotting currency.

The rest is great, in order of usefulness/personal preference I would list them at recast, distance, silence, status timer and chatmon
Ddevil
Ddevil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mahayaya Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:36 pm

Chatmon... lol, I used chatmon for a week then got so tired of it that I about went batshit crazy. I don't bother loading that crap and instead only use the tell notifier that's built into FFXI and tell people in party to <call20> or /tell me to get me from being afk or alt-tabbed.

Now, for a taste of spellcast's usefulness...

http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/spellcast/userxml/multi/fiarlias_mp_gear_locks

If you learn some of this stuff, you can get great results with macros on PC. It's so much more lax than mashing a macro 10 times in a row just to change your gear for a spell. 1 macro, optimal set. Can throw in if-else statements for things like Elemental Obis, Sorc Sabotons, not wasting MP on potency gear when you have high MP... Honestly, it's what SE should have had in the game to begin with since having a macro set of 6 lines is ridiculous when you're allowed to change every gear slot.

PC playing gives the luxury of being a badass without all the excess button mashing. The only bad thing is that you'll be going 79/80 inventory to events because you'll want to squeeze out every inch of stats in every action you do.

Last edited by mahayaya on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

mahayaya

Back to top Go down

Post  mahayaya Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:11 pm

Ddevil wrote:Same with light luggage, not sure how to use it. Would make dynamis so much easier for me if I didn't have to waste time lotting currency.

If I had my own Dynamis LS, I would use definately use LL. The example on http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/lightluggage is really straight forward too. All you need to do is add a dynamis.txt with the information shown at the bottom (////Dynamis Profile...). For you, you'd change the first two lines from:

if item is 1449,1452,1455 then pass //pass singles
if item is 1450,1453,1456 then pass //pass 100 coins

to:

if item is 1449,1452,1455 then lot //pass singles
if item is 1450,1453,1456 then lot //pass 100 coins

Once you have the dynamis.txt set up, do this in-game:
//ll profile dynamis

If you never want to worry about currency drops, have 3-5 people that you trust have this set up. (in case some people die or filled inventories) Then bingo, no more messing around with the loot pool while trying to manage fights. If this were a perfect world (if everyone was on PC), then you could have everyone setup autopass too.

mahayaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Ddevil Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Yea I want spell cast for gear change macros and ll for dyna and limbus. I waste a lot of time just lottin shit in dyna.

I can't remember atm but does spell cast do anythin besides macros?

Oh and I can't remember if it was in windower or another 3rd pt tool but i was readin about somethin that allows you to set macros with on screen clickable buttons (for example you could add 20 buttons on yer screen with most casted spells, anyone know about that?
Ddevil
Ddevil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeyjay Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:43 pm

I personally don't know about added macros or w/e it was, but Spellcast can do a little bit more then just macros like changing gear, it can come in really handy for other things. For example you can have it setup for SCH or /SCH to do sublimation or penury for you when certain arguments are met. I'm still figuring everything out for it but I'm getting a pretty good understanding of the works. A lot of the things it CAN do I don't recommend because it can have you start doing something like buffing yourself when a buff wears, but what if you need to be doing something else the second it starts trying to buff you like stun, cure etc. Just make sure you get it setup neatly if you script it yourself. If you don't its not hard to read over and see how something will work in a script you got offline so check to make sure it's helpful, not hurtful.

SC can also do things like checking campaign areas for a campaign battle and let you know where there going on at.

Aeyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  Ddevil Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:52 pm

So now I'm noticing a new problem. With macros now, I often change all 12 slots of gear besides weapons/ammo but some of the gear changes don't go through, I'm assuming because SC is giving too many commands to ffxi in too short a period of time. Sometimes just rearranging the order of the gear changes within the macro helps but other times I always end up not having 1 piece not change.

Any of you had this problem?

An you were right Mah, the amount of gear I run around with is ridiculous...
Ddevil
Ddevil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alriath Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:39 am

Double/Triple macro button mashing ONRY!!!1:P

Alriath

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeyjay Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 pm

never came across problems with gear not being equipped just the occasional wrong gear at the wrong times, but thats just coding errors, and the order you put gear to change in wont matter, SC has its own set order anyway. You can put your coding on the SC forums on the windower site or just put the code tidbit on here i can look it over and help you out

Aeyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum