EverydayHustlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astral Flow Burn

+2
Fyyvoaa
Ddevil
6 posters

Go down

Astral Flow Burn Empty Astral Flow Burn

Post  Ddevil Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm looking to start up a group for this. We will need about 7 or 8 people, possibly more. Preference will be given to those who fill the most needs. As we tinker with this and get experience, our needs/preferences may change but for now....

Things I'm looking for members to have:

SMN leveled to 10+.
A 75 job that is capable of pulling and surviving being the target of 50-100 mobs for around 30 minutes.
COR level 5+.
WHM leveled high enough to tele.
Jobs on main and/or mules around level 10-20.
Experience pulling and/or being a SMN for astral burn parties.

All characters are likely to require warp items and ethers, possibly other items as well.

If you have experience with successful astral burns, please share your knowledge.

Last edited by Ddevil on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Ddevil
Ddevil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Astral Flow Burn Empty Re: Astral Flow Burn

Post  Fyyvoaa Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Ddevil wrote:I'm looking to start up a group for this. We will need about 7 or 8 people, possibly more. Preference will be given to those who fill the most needs. As we tinker with this and get experience, our needs/preferences may change but for now....

Things I'm looking for members to have:

SMN leveled to 10+.
A 75 job that is capable of pulling and surviving being the target of 50-100 mobs for several minutes.
COR level 5+.
WHM leveled high enough to tele.
Jobs on main and/or mules around level 10-20.
Experience pulling and/or being a SMN for astral burn parties.

All characters are likely to require warp items and ethers, possibly other items as well.

If you have experience with successful astral burns, please share your knowledge.

SMN 19 (almost 20 honestly though)
COR is 5
WHM is 67 (so I can tele anywhere if needed)
I have plently of jobs 10 - 20
The only thing I DON'T have is experiance with pulling or astral burn parties in general (I have been wanting to get in one for ages!)

I'd love to get a static started to astral burn my smn level up (or any other job to be honest! i'd love to get some good exp)
Fyyvoaa
Fyyvoaa

Back to top Go down

Astral Flow Burn Empty lolastral burning

Post  mahayaya Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:04 am

I've done this a bunch. Got COR from 15 > 65 in about three days time.. I've played all roles in an astral burn too; puller, burner, sair rolls. I'm familiar with an area that has a level 17 level sync, and we would rake in ~30k exp per pull. Pulls generally take an hour to perform, considering all the preparation time required.

What is needed inside the party:
2-3 SMNs - the burners
1 COR - corsairs roll from a COR main can greatly increase the exp gain(considering the time required to prepare you should log out/in until you roll a 5 or an 11)
1 level sync - good to delevel after the pull(level 17)
1-2 leechers - the general rule is that you must contribute something to the group. The parties I've been in, the leechers will be dualboxing the pullers. IMO, this is acceptable, but someone who leeches and doesn't help out shouldn't be there. At worst, leechers should have COR unlocked and be able to Wild Card when the pull is over.

What is needed outside the party:
1-3 Pullers - pull 100+ monsters(phalanx helps a ton)
0-* Level sync - need tons of level syncs unless you delevel the one from the party!

It's good for everyone to have COR unlocked. Because after the pull, we attempt to Wild Card to restore SMN 2hrs.

What I can bring:
Mahayaya: COR, 17 SMN
Dualbox: RDM puller
Dualbox mule: Syncee - My dualbox has a mule that can be leveled to 17. If we have 2 pullers, it's possible to log out of the dualbox puller and log into the mule at 17 for syncing purposes.

I'll be happy to explain the mechanics of astral burning once we find the requirements. Smile

mahayaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Saraii Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:49 pm

I would definitely love to at least try this out. Actually I mentioned it to everyone about a month ago lol.

I have about 4-5 jobs I could easily get to, for instance, level 17. I have RDM75 to pull with, I have SMN31 to use, and I have COR unlocked.

EDIT: I should say that although I've never done this, I've read up on all the mechanics needed to successfully pull this off.
Saraii
Saraii

Back to top Go down

Post  pooopichu Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 am

depending on what time yall plan on doin it im down... got 22 smn 75 rdm to pull but no cor yet.. if needed i could unlock and level to 5 no problem. i work nights mostly so i dont log in till pretty late so idk.

pooopichu

Back to top Go down

Astral Flow Burn Empty astral burn

Post  Katlynn Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:10 pm

I've done a couple of astral burns now and they rock. I've got a 19 smn which I've been trying to skill up my summoning magic so it isn't so gimp, and a 16 cor. I've also got a 14 rng to use as a sync bitch, and I can open pld, sam, sch, and drk to use as sync bitches if it comes down to it.

I would like to get all of those jobs to 37 at some point. I've got a 75 mnk I guess I could try using as a puller, but not sure how well I'd hold up with either /dnc or /rdm.

Katlynn

Katlynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum